The Narendra Modi authorities has launched a brand new recruitment scheme referred to as Agnipath. Below the brand new scheme, youth between the age of 17-21 shall be recruited into the Indian armed forces for a time interval of 4 years. The youth recruited beneath this scheme shall be often known as Agniveer. As many as 50,000 personnel shall be recruited beneath the scheme yearly. The brand new scheme will scale back Indian armed forces’ common age to 26 years from 32 years. It is going to additionally scale back the bills earlier made for pensions. Subsequently, on the one hand, the scheme brings mordernisation, and on the opposite, it reduces the expense.
In right now’s DNA, Zee Information Editor-In-Chief Sudhir Chaudhary analyses the defence ministry’s new scheme to recruit younger officers for a time interval of 4 years.
The federal government’s new scheme may be understood in 5 factors:
1) The scheme shall be carried out in all three forces – Military, Navy and Air Power. The recruitment will solely be finished on the positions under the officer ranks, i.e. on Non-Commissioned Ranks.
2) Personnel between the age of 17-21 shall be eligible for these roles. They’ll solely work with the drive for 4 years. The personnel will get coaching for the preliminary 6 months and later they are going to be despatched to work on completely different roles. They’ll retire on completion of their tenure of Four years.
3) The federal government will present a beefy package deal to those agniveers on their retirement.
Within the first yr, they are going to get a wage of Rs 30,000. Out of 30,000, they are going to get Rs 21,000 in hand and Rs 9,000 shall be deposited into their retirement fund. Within the second yr, the wage will rise to Rs 33,000; within the third yr, the wage will rise to Rs 36,500 and within the ultimate yr, the identical will go as much as Rs 40,000. Out of this, Rs 12,000 can be deposited into their retirement fund yearly. So, the salaries would start at Rs 21,000 (in-hand) within the first yr, and would go upto Rs 28,000 within the ultimate yr.
4) The federal government will open these vacancies twice a yr. This yr, the federal government has selected a goal of hiring 46,000 ‘Agniveers’. The federal government goals to recruit 50,000 officers yearly from the subsequent yr onwards.
5) The hirings beneath the scheme shall be primarily based on all India Benefit Foundation. To date, the hirings had been finished within the armed drive on Regiment foundation, beneath which – troops had been employed on the premise of area and caste – for eg. Maratha regiment, Jat regiment, Sikh regiment and many others.
Now, any citizen of India will have the ability to admit in any regiment. And in subsequent 10 years, the federal government needs to finish the regiment system of recruitment from the military.
Watch DNA, to grasp intimately the federal government’s new coverage of hiring youth into the military.