How do I block POKI games?
Poki games can be very addicting, and you may spend more time playing them than you meant to. If this is a problem for you, there are ways to block Poki games on your computer so that no one in your household can access them. Blocking a game site on your computer isn’t difficult; all that’s required is a few simple steps.
How to Block Games on Poki.com
- How to Block Games on Poki.com
- Step 1: Go to your Chrome browser, click the three-dot menu icon (the one in the upper right of your screen) and select Settings.
- Step 2: In the “Settings” window that appears, select Extensions from the left column. Then click on “Extensions” at the top of that same column.
- Step 3: In the next window that opens, look for a section labelled “Developer Mode” and click on it if you see one; otherwise, scroll down until you find such a section and click there instead. Once inside such a Developer Mode panel on your browser’s extensions page (or wherever it is), scroll down until you locate a button called “Load Unpacked.” Clicking this button will open up another window asking where exactly you want to download new extension files from; navigate over into pokies extension folder by default—this should be located at Users/[your name]/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/(date)(time)(version)/extensions/poki_[random string].crx—and then select a said file before clicking OK or Save As…
How to Block the Poki.com Site and Games
To block the Poki.com website and games on your computer:
- Open a browser.
- In the address bar at the top of your computer screen, type www. (poki).com (where “(poki)” is replaced with “pokimane”, “like Aldridge”, etc.). Click Go (or press Enter) to go to that site’s homepage.
- On the right side of the screen, under ‘Tools’, click on ‘Options’. This will open up a new tab in your browser window with options for Poki gameplay and other things you can do while browsing there.
- On this page, scroll down until you find security settings which should be located near where it says ‘privacy’ in blue letters above a red circle icon with an exclamation point.
To block Poki games on a computer, follow these steps:
Below are instructions for blocking Poki games on computers and mobile devices.
- On a computer, you can block Poki games by using your firewall. For example, you can use Windows Firewall to block applications from accessing the Internet.
- To block Poki games on a computer:
- Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Firewall (if you’re using Windows 10). If you’re using an earlier version of Windows, click Start > Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Security Center > Firewall tab.
- Click the Turn Windows Firewall On or Off link in the left column (if necessary), then select Turn off Automatic Updates under Allow Programs or Features on This Computer section in the right column as shown below:
- When prompted to confirm that you want to turn off Automatic Updates for both private and public networks settings, click the Yes button as shown below:
1. Open your firewall’s settings.
If you run a firewall on your computer, you will likely have POKI blocked by default. You can confirm this by checking whether or not the program is listed in its list of allowed apps or services. If POKI isn’t listed among them, then there’s no need to worry about blocking it: your computer has already done this for you!
If the program is listed as an allowed app/service and you still want to block it anyway (for example, because someone else has installed the game), then follow these steps:
- Open up File Explorer and go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ directory.
- Right-click on the host file and select “edit”.
- Scroll down until you find line 127, which reads:
2. Block all traffic from the domain *.poki.com and www.poki.com on port 80 in the outbound rules.
This may be the most challenging option to implement if you’re not a networking expert. You’ll need to find your router’s admin page and create a rule that blocks all traffic from domain *.poki.com and www.poki.com on port 80 in the outbound rules. This will prevent POKI games from being able to connect to their servers, so they can’t load on your computer or phone.
In addition, some browsers have extensions that block POKI games by default (such as Firefox with AdBlock Plus). If you use one of these browsers and don’t want anything else blocking websites for you automatically, then follow these instructions:
- Open up Chrome or Safari browser on your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- Go into settings > Safari > Block Pop-Ups & Annoying Ads
3. Restart your computer before anyone tries to navigate to Poki or play any Poki games.
- To do this, you’ll need everyone out of the room (unless you want a lot of yelling and temper tantrums). Your computer needs to be empty for this step, so make sure that no one uses it while you’re doing this. If someone tries to use it, tell them they can’t play Poki while at home because it’s dangerous and illegal—or whatever reason works best for you!
With a few simple steps, you can block Poki games.
With a few simple steps, you can block Poki games. All it takes is a web browser and the desire to keep your children safe from this addictive game.
- Navigate to poki.com or poki-games.com and select the “Block Site” option in your browser’s right-click menu or under “Tools.” You should see a list of sites you already have blocked if you’ve used this feature before; if not, add poki-games.com by typing it into the box provided for stopping domains manually (make sure “Allow” is selected).
- Repeat step 1 for any other Poki domain you want to block access to (for example, if your child also has his account on poki-games.com).
- That’s all there is to it! If necessary, repeat these steps for any additional computers used in your household where children may be playing Poki games online; otherwise, enjoy being able to rest easy knowing that no one will accidentally stumble upon those addictive titles again!
This guide will help you block Poki games on your computer. You can also use these methods for other sites you’d like to avoid.
Everything to know about Amazon Prime
How to login into the paramount plus login 2022?
Is the entire cast of Schitt’s Creek Canadian?