If you are an Outlook user, then there can be numerous reasons to convert OST to PST online. When you work on MS Outlook in an offline mode, then generally the mailbox items are saved in OST (Offline Storage Table) file format. Once the Exchange server connection is re-established, the changes made will automatically update. In the non-availability of the Exchange server, the OST files cannot access your important mailbox information. Microsoft Outlook supports PST (Personal Storage Table) file format to save all its mailbox items. There are various amazing features offered by Outlook that attract the users. Users cannot directly access OST data in Outlook program. To access OST data in Outlook, users need to export OST to PST file format. Here in this blog, we will provide a complete guide for users to convert OST to PST online using the manual and automated best OST to PST converter.
Let’s understand the reasons to import OST into Outlook first before moving further to the process of conversion.
Reasons To Convert OST to PST Online
Users find many reasons to migrate OST to PST file format, here we have mentioned some of the common reasons below –
- Accidentally deletion of the Exchange server account.
- Exchange server crashed or failed.
- Backup Exchange Mailboxes.
- Maintenance of the Exchange Server.
These are the common reasons to import OST into Outlook email. Now let’s move further to the manual process of OST to PST conversion
Also Read: Apple Mail Not Syncing With Gmail – Error Fixed
Manual Solution to Convert OST to PST Free
Here we will discuss three manual approaches to export OST to PST file format. The manual process can be more time-consuming and therefore has some risks of severe data loss due to human errors. So it is suggested to create a backup of the original data before starting the process of conversion.
Method 1: Import/ Export Method
- Launch Microsoft Outlook program on your system.
- Go to the File tab.
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Click on Export to a file
- Hit the Next button
- Now select Personal file folder (.pst)
- Click on the Next button.
- Go to the parent root and select the Include Subfolders option.
- Browse to define the location of the resultant file.
- Click on the Finish button.
Method 2: Drag and Drop
You need to create a new PST file and copy all the mailbox OST data you want to export to Outlook and paste them in the newly created PST file.
- Open MS Outlook application.
- Create a new PST file in the Outlook.
- Select all the OST mailbox data that you want to convert to PST file format and then copy and paste all of them in the new PST file.
Method 3: Use Outlook Archive Feature
When the user enables the archiving feature in MS Outlook, then the emails will get automatically saved in the PST file format. To enable the Outlook archiving feature, follow the below steps –
- OpenMicrosoft Outlook.
- Go to the File section.
- Click on the Options.
- Now, Go to the advanced section.
- Click on Auto Archive settings…
- Browse to define the path to save the resultant archived file.
- Click on the OK button.
With these manual techniques to convert OST to PST online, there are several limitations as well. Have a look at the limitations listed below.
- More time-consuming conversion process.
- Manual methods do not support the conversion of the corrupt OST files.
- Technical knowledge is required.
- Continuous risk of data loss during the process.
Professional Method to Convert OST to PST Online
As an alternate, you can use any third-party professional free OST to PST converter which provides an easy and quick conversion. As we have seen above, there are some limitations and risks of data loss with the manual approach. So automated software is a perfect solution to export OST to PST and avoid all the limitations. You can use the advanced DRS OST to PST converter online which offers a smooth user friendly GUI. There is no technical expertise required to run the utility. Also, it offers some amazing features for its users that attracts them. Users can easily save their OST files in MBOX, PST, EML, MSG, AOL, CSV, Gmail, Office 365, Hotmail, etc. It also supports the conversion of corrupt OST files. There are no file size limitations and no risk of data loss during the conversion. The free version of the utility is also available which allows users to export the first 25 emails for free.
Above in this blog, we have discussed the solutions to convert OST to PST online. We have provided two recommended and reliable solutions, one manual and other automated OST to PST converter online. As there are several limitations with the manual process of conversion, it is suggested to use the advanced automated solution which provides an hassle-free conversion.
how do I sign up for Nest Aware without a Google account?
Google account for my business in detail
An Overview of Nest Aware?