What does Nest Aware subscription include?
Nest Aware is a subscription service for Nest cameras. If you have multiple Nest cameras, you can save money by subscribing to Nest Aware instead of buying each camera separately. In this article, we’ll explain what Nest Aware is and how it works so that you can decide if it’s right for your home security needs.
What is Nest Aware?
Nest Aware is a cloud service for Nest cameras, which means you can access it from anywhere. It includes video history, person alerts, and activity zones.
It costs $10/month per camera or $100/year per camera (up to 10 cameras). You can add it to any Nest subscription plan and share your cameras with friends or family members who may not want to subscribe themselves.
How does Nest Aware work?
Nest Aware is a cloud service that stores the video from your Nest Cam and other devices. It uses machine learning to recognize people and pets, so you can easily access it via the Nest app on your phone or tablet. If you have a Nest Cam IQ, it will also recognize activities in the video history for later review—such as when someone opened their door or walked through an area where there were previously no people present.
What can I do with Timeline in the Nest app?
Timeline is a feature of the Nest app that lets you view a timeline of events from your cameras. You can see this in the camera’s settings, but it’s easier to do within the app once you’ve made a connection between all of your cameras (see ‘How to connect multiple Nest Cameras’).
- Watch an overview: If you have set up one or more devices, tap on their name in this section and choose “Watch Overview.” A list of recent activities will appear with thumbnails for each event included. Tap on any entry to see details about that particular event—for example: “1/10 – 23:30” means 1/10 at 8 pm EST until 23:30 PM EST on 2nd January 2020. The date range may be limited by how far back your recordings go in time; if there aren’t many entries available from earlier than yesterday (or today), then only those most recent ones will be displayed here instead.* Change camera settings: To access additional camera settings, tap “Settings” within this section.* Manage multiple accounts: If you have more than one account connected through Nest Aware subscription service then select which account should be used here before continuing.* Start recording video using Microphone Mode
What is video history and how does it work?
Video history is a way to track what your camera sees. When you subscribe to Nest Aware and enable video history, your cameras will record clips from their perspective for 30 days. You can access these clips at any time using the Nest app or on an iOS device with the latest version of Apple’s iOS 9 or higher installed.
The video history feature is not limited to when you’re home — it can be used remotely as well! If someone leaves something behind that needs returning, just follow them with their phone until they return so that they don’t lose track of it in between trips out into the world (or just put everything back where they found it).
Do I need an internet connection to use my Nest camera?
Nest Aware is a subscription service that allows you to connect your Nest camera to the internet. If you don’t have an internet connection, the camera will not work and Nest Aware won’t be able to provide any features or support for it.
If you have a strong enough signal but find that your network still doesn’t give you enough bandwidth for optimal performance, there are some things you can do to improve performance:
- Increase your Wi-Fi range by moving closer or farther away from other devices on the same network (within 15 meters)
- If possible, use WPA2 encryption instead of WEP encryption
How do I choose the right plan for me?
If you’re considering a Nest Aware subscription, consider how many cameras you have and how much time you want to spend reviewing the video history on your system. The more cameras there are in your home, the more storage space will be needed. Also consider what kind of data retention options are available: Do they include unlimited storage? What happens if there’s an issue with one camera or hard drive?
If these questions don’t apply to your personal situation but still want higher-quality security and peace of mind, take advantage of our special offer by purchasing a Nest Secure product bundle during this limited time offer period! This bundle includes two Nest Secure devices along with 24/7 professional monitoring services from one of our trusted partners—all for less than $4 per day!
Buy nest aware subscription
Nest Aware is a subscription service that allows you to access all of the products and services in your Nest account.
You can buy Nest Aware subscription in one of two ways:
- If you have an existing Nest device, go here to see if it’s included in your plan (you’ll need your product’s serial number). Click “Buy Now.” You’ll be taken through a payment process and then redirected back to this page after purchase.
- If not, enable auto-renewal for Nest Aware by clicking on “Settings” and then selecting “Auto Renew”. Your account will automatically be charg every month unless cancel earlier by contacting support at [email protected]
If you have multiple cameras, a Nest Aware subscription will save you money.
If you have multiple cameras, a Nest Aware subscription will save you money. With this service, you will be able to store video footage on the cloud and access it from within your phone or tablet app. You can also use Nest’s motion detection features in order to easily alert friends and family whenever there is movement in an area where they live as well as when someone enters or leaves an area around their home.
If this sounds like something that would interest you then we recommend checking out our article about how much does Nest Aware cost?
Nest Aware is a subscription that gives you access to Nest’s products and services, including Nest Guard, Nest Cam IQ and the Nest app.
You can use Timeline in the Nest app to see what your cameras are seeing at any time, even if you’re not connect to the internet. If you have multiple cameras, a Nest Aware subscription will save you money over buying each camera separately.